Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Light, refreshing and cooooollll! Posted for Zaar's World Tour 2005- Australia
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I added more sugar since my kiwis were very tart. I think they must of been on the small size since all I could taste was the apple juice so added 3 more. My guests loved it but I wasn't overly fond UNTIL the next day I decided to make it as a slushy drink. I filled a glass just over half full with the kiwi mix and then topped it with gingerale. YUMMY. Made for ZWT 5 for the Aus/NZ region for team Zaar Chow Hounds
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar, splenda is good too
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Add sugar and orange peel and pulse to combine.
- Pour into shallow freezer safe container and freeze for 3 hours.
- Using mixer beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Return to freezer for 3 more hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into dessert bowls to serve, garnishing with fresh mint or slices of orange or kiwi.