Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light, refreshing and cooooollll! Posted for Zaar's World Tour 2005- Australia
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar, splenda is good too
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- Combine first 3 ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Add sugar and orange peel and pulse to combine.
- Pour into shallow freezer safe container and freeze for 3 hours.
- Using mixer beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Return to freezer for 3 more hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into dessert bowls to serve, garnishing with fresh mint or slices of orange or kiwi.
I added more sugar since my kiwis were very tart. I think they must of been on the small size since all I could taste was the apple juice so added 3 more. My guests loved it but I wasn't overly fond UNTIL the next day I decided to make it as a slushy drink. I filled a glass just over half full with the kiwi mix and then topped it with gingerale. YUMMY. Made for ZWT 5 for the Aus/NZ region for team Zaar Chow Hounds
This is a nice light dessert. I used my ice cream maker also. Refrigerated overnight, 20 minutes in the machine and it was done. My kiwi were a little more tart so I'd like to add some more sugar next time. Thanks for posting. I made this for ZWT III 2007 - Australia & New Zealand Region - Desserts Challenge
Perfect for a summer day! Refreshing and not overly sweet. Not too many calories and you feel like you are indulging. Thanks Mama!