Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found online at kiwifruit.org. It's meant to be a 'healthy' snack the latter part of October or whenever, but I thought it'd be great for March, as well, but perhaps not so elaborately decorated!
Top Review by weekend cooker
A nice dessert, though we enjoyed I am not sure if I did the face right, used raisins as an option here. My 9 year old and I had fun making the faces. A nice twist on a dessert list. Made for PRMR tag.
- 5 kiwi fruits
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup dark raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Read directions below before peeling all the kiwifruit.
- Slice kiwifruit into rounds, then again into half-rounds. Set aside.
- Prepare instant pudding according to directions on package.
- Add 2-3 drops green food coloring until desired shade of green is reached.
- Pour pudding into dessert bowls.
- If desired, leave some fruit unpeeled, & after slicing them as above, place some unpeeled slices along top edge of bowls with skin side up [for goblin hair!].
- Place 2 half or quarter kiwifruit slices onto pudding for eyes.
- Place raisins [or chips] on pudding in shape of a mouth.