Recipe by Tea Girl
This is New Zealander version of chocolate chip cookies. There are no kiwis or Kiwis harmed in making this recipe. As the recipe name indicates, they are crispy, rather than soft.
Top Review by loof
Quick and easy recipe for a nice crispy cookie! These mix up in no time and are great with a cup of tea or glass of cold milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and chocolate, mixing to firm dough. Add a little extra flour if the dough is sticky.
- Roll into balls and place on a cold greased tray. Press gently with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a cake rack and store in an airtight container once cold.