Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is New Zealander version of chocolate chip cookies. There are no kiwis or Kiwis harmed in making this recipe. As the recipe name indicates, they are crispy, rather than soft.
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and chocolate, mixing to firm dough. Add a little extra flour if the dough is sticky.
- Roll into balls and place on a cold greased tray. Press gently with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a cake rack and store in an airtight container once cold.
Quick and easy recipe for a nice crispy cookie! These mix up in no time and are great with a cup of tea or glass of cold milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
Who doesn't like cookies?
This is quick and easy recipe. As suggested I added some flour to get a non sticky dough.
I confess I had to double the recipe as I knew they would disappear very fast.
Thanks a lot for this recipe, we all enjoyed it!