Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The chutney is a good marinade for chicken or fish, but spread cream cheese on a tortilla, add the chutney to rice, and you have a awesome wrap! Adapted from Kiwi Cove Lodge, in British Columbia.
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (more or less, to taste)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml honey
- 59.14 ml purple onion, chopped
- 6 kiwi fruits, chopped (or pureed)
- 414.03 ml cooked rice
- cream cheese
- Mix lime juice through kiwi fruit to make a lovely chutney. You may use this to marinade chicken or fish.
- Mix chutney with rice, and refrigerate for about an hour. Spread about 1 tbls. of cream cheese on a tortilla, add aobut 1/4 cup rice/chutney mixture and roll up. You may add whatever else you like to make this to your taste!
This was good, although I wish the lime flavor were stronger. I'd add more lime juice, but I think it would just be too runny for a wrap if I did. We used cooked barley in place of rice and we added broiled cod that we flaked first. Thanks for posting.
Wow...what an interesting flavor combination! It kinda grows on you!! Next time I would increase the cream cheese and red onion. My hubby enjoyed these with sliced avocado on them. Pineapple might be a good addition too.