1/1 Photo of Kiwi Chicken Tostadas
Light, quick and healthy! I do not believe in low fat cheese, way too much sodium, but of course you can sub. it if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed or 4 purchased baked tostadas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped, and or 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (2 ounces) or 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (2 ounces)
- 1In a small bowl, combine cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt. Brush all sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle evenly with cumin mixture.
- 2Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- 3Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- 4Arrange romaine on warmed tortillas.
- 5Top with kiwifruit and/or tomatoes, chicken, and cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kiwi Chicken Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g