Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light, quick and healthy! I do not believe in low fat cheese, way too much sodium, but of course you can sub. it if you like.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed or 4 purchased baked tostadas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped, and or 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (2 ounces) or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt. Brush all sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle evenly with cumin mixture.
- Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- Arrange romaine on warmed tortillas.
- Top with kiwifruit and/or tomatoes, chicken, and cheese.
Very nice - so simple and easy. I used pepperjack cheese and both tomatoes and kiwi. This came together quickly. Made in honor of pammyowl.