Recipe by Lorac
A dreamy no bake ice box pie perfect for summer. A light whipped cream filling, simply topped with sliced fresh kiwi fruit. The pie filling can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Just re-whisk for a few seconds before pouring into the prepared pie shell and adding the fruit. From "Icebox Pies" by Lauren Chattman.
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 prepared 9 inch shortbread pie crust
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a medium size bowl, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat until soft peaks form.
- Add sour cream and beat again until soft peaks form.
- Pour into pie shell and smooth with a spatula.
- Arrange kiwi slices over the filing in overlapping circles, cover and chill until serving time.