Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family favorite. Easy and yummy!
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (7 1/2 ounce) cans biscuits
- Put the first seven ingredients in a large pot and set to boil. Once boiling, turn down to simmer.
- While the pot is heating up, dice chicken and saute with garlic.
- When the chicken is done, add to the large pot. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Tear the biscuits into bite sized peices and add them to the pot.
- Put a lid over it and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
I'm not sure what I did wrong. I followed the instructions, but I think there were way too many biscuits. Instead of (4) 7.5 oz. cans of biscuits, I used (2) 15 oz. cans. That should not have made a difference, though. I just couldn't get the biscuits to cook. Finally after 30 minutes of cooking, I threw them onto a baking sheet and baked them for about 10 minutes. Didn't quite work out so good, but we made do. Nonetheless, the taste was very good of the chicken and vegetables. Although that much water made it almost like a soup. If it weren't for the biscuit snag, I would have rated it much higher based on taste.