Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Over the years, these beans have always been requested for any picnic or bbq we've held or have attended. Very easy too. Serves a large crowd but recipe can be scaled down to your liking. Kitty was a co-worker of mine years ago and passed along this recipe before she moved to the south.
- 3 (28 ounce) cansbusch's maple cured bacon baked beans
- 1 (28 ounce) canbusch's country style baked beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbusch's barbecue baked beans
- 2 (28 ounce) canscampbell's pork and beans
- 1 lb bacon, raw and chopped into 1/4-1/2 wide squares
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Pour all beans into a very large mixing bowl and combine.
- In a large roasting pan, layer the beans, sugar, molasses and bacon squares; starting with the beans on the bottom and end with bacon on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 1 1/2 hours; remove lid and bake for an additional 1/2 hour.
This is pretty much the same Baked Bean recipe I've been making for years. I use cans of Showboat pork and beans, always taking out the little piece of pork fat...eeew! I drain my beans of the juice, add them to the pan, add yellow mustard, catsup, chopped onion, KC Masterpiece Brown sugar BBQ sauce and dark brown sugar to taste. I then add bacon strips to the top, overlapping each other just a little and I bake it at 350 degrees for a little over an hour, or until the bacon is cooked. It's the combo of the beans, onion, BBQ sauce, sweetness of the brown sugar along with the flavor of the bacon that seeps down into the beans with cooking that make them awesome, lol. Everyone loves them and I've been offered money to make them for others who are having large cookouts.
I made this dish for 35 hungry Marines. And it was all gone by the end of the party! The only change I made was the store didn't have BBQ beans, so I added a few squirts of BBQ sauce to even it out. Loved it! Thank you.
These were awsome & a huge hit at my church function. They were so easy to make. I'll be making these again for sure.