Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Pirates Pantry: Treasured recipes of Southwest Louisiana by the Junior League of Lake Charles
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 slices bacon, fried
- 12 large oysters, more if small
- 8 slices fresh tomatoes
- Cut loaf in half then hollow out and save top.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic. Brush the insides of the loaf with the mix. Place in the fried bacon.
- Flour the oysters and fry very quickly. Then place in bread on top of the bacon.
- Sear tomato slices and place on top of oysters. Place top of bread on.
- Wrap in foil and cook 10 minutes at 350F.
- Serve hot, sliced with mayo and drizzle the horseradish on.