This is being submitted in response to a recipe request. I have not tried the recipe, but it does look like it would be good and the taste of the dumps could be adjusted with different seasonings and herbs to suit your families taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, mix the dump ingredients together.
- Mold this mixture into various sizes of dumps.
- Place on ungreased backing pan, do not let dumps touch.
- Bake for 20 minutes (some may have to cook less time if smaller and some a few minutes longer if they are larger).
- While dumps are cooking, mix the litter ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and set pan aside.
- When dumps are done, transfer them onto paper towels to drain.
- Serve by putting dumps into a litter box shaped pan and spooning rice mixture over the dumps, leaving some of the dumps exposed.
- Serve these with a NEW pooper scooper.
Try using 1lb. of breakfast roll sausage for more flavorful dumps!
I served this for April fools this year. Looked authentic. My oldest son refused to eat. Tasted pretty plain. I ended up taking the pooties out and recyling the ingredients in other recipes the following two nights. Used rice in a cheesy casserole, put dumps in food processor with tomato sauce. Placed on eng. muffins and covered with mozzerella for mini pizzas after baking. At least it didn't go to waste and I laughed!