Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the perfect white sauce that will pair with anything ---for a more cheesy sauce grated cheddar may be stirred in at the end :)
Top Review by Sbellerose
Excellent sauce. Perfect with grilled chicken and penne pasta, or steamed or sauted asparagus or any other veggie! Big Hit with the family and it has a million and one uses! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitiutions)
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 2 -3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream, not whipped
- salt (to taste, to be added in at the end) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Add in fresh garlic, boullion powder and black pepper; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour, whisk for one minute.
- Add in half and half cream, Parmesan cheese; whisk until the mixture reaches a light boil and has thickened.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in whipping cream.
- Add in more Parmesan cheese if desired; stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add in grated cheddar cheese (if using) stir until melted.