1/2 Photos of Kittencal's White Cake
7-Up or Sprite is the secret ingredient that takes this cake to another level, do not allow the soda to go flat pour right from the bottle or can --- this cake bakes out beautiful with no dark over cooked edges --- I recommend to use diet soda regular is too sweet but regular will work fine also ---this also may be baked in two 8-inch round cake pans and it makes the perfect wedding cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package moist deluxe white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix)
- 1/3 cup diet lemon-lime soda (such as diet 7-Up or Sprite)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl on low speed until blended (about 30 seconds).
- 3Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- 4Pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan (the batter will be quite thick so you will need to spread out with back of a spoon).
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g