Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad it good in all seasons, you can omit the sour cream and use all mayo, I prefer it with the sour cream, since I really don't bother with exact amounts when I make this, the amounts listed are only a guideline but close to what I use, you certainly may adjust all ingredients to taste, and the recipe may be doubled :)
Top Review by Mark Kovach
This was delish. I followed Boho Chick's lead and boiled my diced potatoes then added them to the dressing. This was my first time making potato salad and I was very happy with the result.
- 4 large potatoes (peeled or skin left on, or use 5 medium potatoes)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped (or use 1 small yellow onions, finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard (if you are a mustard lover then use the 2 tablespoons!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (use only garlic powder, not fresh garlic)
- 1 pinch dried dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the whole potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, cook until JUST tender (do not cook the potatoes until very soft or they will break apart when mixing).
- Drain and dice the potatoes, then place in a large bowl.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute; cover then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the water for 20 minutes.
- Peel eggs and coarsley chop, then place into the bowl with potatoes.
- Add in celery and green onion; toss gently to combine.
- In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, mustard and seasoned salt, garlic powder and dill (if using) mix until well combined; add to the potato mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve warm.