1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Warm Potato Salad With Eggs
This salad it good in all seasons, you can omit the sour cream and use all mayo, I prefer it with the sour cream, since I really don't bother with exact amounts when I make this, the amounts listed are only a guideline but close to what I use, you certainly may adjust all ingredients to taste, and the recipe may be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes (peeled or skin left on, or use 5 medium potatoes)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped (or use 1 small yellow onions, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard (if you are a mustard lover then use the 2 tablespoons!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (use only garlic powder, not fresh garlic)
- 1 pinch dried dill (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1Place the whole potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, cook until JUST tender (do not cook the potatoes until very soft or they will break apart when mixing).
- 2Drain and dice the potatoes, then place in a large bowl.
- 3Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute; cover then remove from heat and let the eggs sit in the water for 20 minutes.
- 4Peel eggs and coarsley chop, then place into the bowl with potatoes.
- 5Add in celery and green onion; toss gently to combine.
- 6In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, mustard and seasoned salt, garlic powder and dill (if using) mix until well combined; add to the potato mixture and toss gently to combine.
- 7Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Warm Potato Salad With Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 295.5 mg
- Sodium 502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: