Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Your guests will love this veggie tray! --- plan ahead the dip *must* be chilled for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours before serving, the flavors will strongly intensify --- The amounts listed for the of dip is enough for about 6-8 people, I suggest to double or triple the amounts if serving a large crowd, if doubling increase the fresh garlic by only as small amount, I did not list amounts for the veggies choose as much as you want to use and whatever assortment you desire --- the veggie platter may be made well in advance, cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve, you will need a large round serving platter to accommodate all the veggies and the bowl of dip --- now if you really want to take this veggie platter to a whole new level and make it really special place assorted cheeses and deviled eggs around the dip bowl on the platter, see my Kittencal's Best Deviled Eggs
Top Review by KPD
yummmmmy!! this was a great make ahead addition to my super bowl menu! i loved the flavor of the dip...and so did everyone else! i doubled the recipe and every bit was devoured! i used a whole tub of gorgonzola and added more dill and lots of cracked black pepper. for the veggies, i went with celery, carrots, broccoli, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, radishes and pretzel rods! thanks so much for sharing kitten! this is a great addition to any party! (i love anything i can make ahead of time and if it isn't using up my oven, it's even better!!!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 3 tablespoons finely crumbled blue cheese (can use more for a stronger taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- carrot (peeled and sliced into sticks)
- celery (cut ribs into 3-inch long sections)
- cucumber (cut into about 1-inch thick slices)
- cherry tomatoes (use small cherry tomatoes and leave whole)
- white button mushrooms (leave whole, slice off bottom of stem and wipe clean using a dry paper towel)
- green onion (cut off small hanging roots on white part and remove any damaged leaves, trim to uniform length)
- sweet pepper (cut into strips or rings)
- radish (cut off stem and root end, the long radishes may be cut into an accordion shape by slicing almost th)
- broccoli (cut into small florets leaving a small stem attached)
- cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- crusty breadstick (use the long crusty breadsticks)
- 2 large lettuce leaves (to be placed under the dip bowl)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dip; in a food processor combine all ingredients except Tabasco, buttermilk and veggies until smooth (adjusting the processing time for a smooth or semi-chunky texture).
- Add in buttermilk, start with 1 tablespoon adding in more until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add in Tabasco to taste and adjust ingredients to taste if desired.
- Place the dip in a round glass serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
- TO ASSEMBLE; place 1 to 2 lettuce leaves in the center of a extra large serving platter, then place the dip bowl onto the leaves.
- Arrange each veggie around the edges of an extra large round serving platter, place bread sticks in between each pile of veggies to separate.