1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Turkey or Chicken a La King
This is a great recipe to use up leftover turkey or chicken, I serve this over baked puff pastry shells or cooked egg noodles, Texas toast works well also, feel free to add in other veggies, if you don't care for garlic then omit and just use the mushrooms, this recipe may be doubled if desired to serve 6-8 --- you will *love* this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour (use 3 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oxo chicken bouillon powder (I use 1 small package)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 cups cooked chopped turkey or 2 cups chicken
- 3/4-1 cup canned corn kernels, well drained or 3/4-1 cup use frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento (or use as much as desired)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional or to taste)
- 1Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in mushrooms; cook until the mushrooms are tender (about 6 minutes).
- 2Add in garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add in flour and cayenne (if using) and stir for 1 minute.
- 4Slowly add in broth and bouillon powder; cook stirring until thickened.
- 5Add in whipping cream, turkey or chicken and corn or peas; simmer stirring for 5-6 minutes.
- 6Mix in grated Parmesan cheese and pimento, then season with black pepper and a small amount of salt if desired to taste.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Turkey or Chicken a La King
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 630.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: