Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great recipe to use up leftover turkey or chicken, I serve this over baked puff pastry shells or cooked egg noodles, Texas toast works well also, feel free to add in other veggies, if you don't care for garlic then omit and just use the mushrooms, this recipe may be doubled if desired to serve 6-8 --- you will *love* this! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour (use 3 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oxo chicken bouillon powder (I use 1 small package)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 cups cooked chopped turkey or 2 cups chicken
- 3⁄4-1 cup canned corn kernels, well drained or 3⁄4-1 cup use frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento (or use as much as desired)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in mushrooms; cook until the mushrooms are tender (about 6 minutes).
- Add in garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in flour and cayenne (if using) and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in broth and bouillon powder; cook stirring until thickened.
- Add in whipping cream, turkey or chicken and corn or peas; simmer stirring for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in grated Parmesan cheese and pimento, then season with black pepper and a small amount of salt if desired to taste.