This is a must-make with your summer's crop of tomatoes and fresh basil --- prepare the vinaigrette firstly as it needs a few hours to blend the flavors together and may be doubled if desired --- to take this to yet another level use fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese --- I have served this wonderful salad to a crowd of people many times in the past and also placed Italian cold cuts all around the edge of the platter :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced (choose large juicy red ripe tomatoes)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- fresh basil leaf, chopped (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup or to taste)
- 1For the dressing; in a bowl or in a processor whisk/blend together the minced garlic with salt, Dijon mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar.
- 2Add in olive oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
- 3Season with black pepper.
- 4Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before using (shake before using).
- 5TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD; on a large serving platter alternate the tomato slices with the mozzarella cheese slices.
- 6Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over all.
- 7Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Tomato-Mozzarella Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 972.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g