Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Don't even bother with store bought dressing this is just as good if not better, I sometime add in one cold hard-boiled egg but that is only optional, use only mayonnaise for this not salad dressing, Hellman's mayonnaise is the best to use, go easy on the fresh garlic, use only a very small amount or it will over-power the dressing, or use a small amount of garlic powder in place of fresh. Plan ahead this dressing must chill for at least 2 hours or more to blend flavors, don't even think about serving it right away, the flavors will intensify with chilling time. This makes a great topping for burgers too!
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove (or use 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (can use lower fat mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 -4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a processor process all ingredients for about 10 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add in the chili sauce if using.
- Cover and chill a minimum of 5 hours before using.
A Great tasting dressing, and easy to make. I put it on a Crab Louie Salad, and it match perfect. Thanks Kittencal, another great recipe.
As always Kittencal has a winner! I don't know why I haven't tried this before, but I sure am glad I did now. Served it with chopped romaine, chopped tomatoes, green olives and bacon bits. A simple salad with a great tasty, zingy dressing. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
Best thousand island I have had so far! Made as directed and it was really good. Thanks for posting!