1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Thousand Island Dressing
Don't even bother with store bought dressing this is just as good if not better, I sometime add in one cold hard-boiled egg but that is only optional, use only mayonnaise for this not salad dressing, Hellman's mayonnaise is the best to use, go easy on the fresh garlic, use only a very small amount or it will over-power the dressing, or use a small amount of garlic powder in place of fresh. Plan ahead this dressing must chill for at least 2 hours or more to blend flavors, don't even think about serving it right away, the flavors will intensify with chilling time. This makes a great topping for burgers too!
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove (or use 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (can use lower fat mayo)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 -4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a processor process all ingredients for about 10 seconds.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add in the chili sauce if using.
- 3Cover and chill a minimum of 5 hours before using.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Thousand Island Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.3
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 1725.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: