You may not have your chicken any other way after you taste this! --- browning the chicken in oil firstly adds lots flavor, make certain to bread all the chicken breasts and have them ready on a plate before browning.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (if you are a garlic lover add in 1/2 teaspoon more)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil (for frying, use as needed)
- Prepare an ungreased baking sheet/pan.
- Pat the breasts dry using paper towels.
- In a shallow dish whisk the eggs with Dijon mustard until well blended.
- In another shallow dish (I use my 8x8-inch baking pan for this) combine the dry bread crumbs with the garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Have 1 or 2 plates ready to put the breasts on after breading I just use the ungreasd baking sheet.
- Dip one chicken breast into the egg/mustard mixture allowing any excess to drip off, then place the breast into the breadcrumb mixture turning to coat with the crumbs and pressing down with hands firmly to adhear the coating to the chicken; place onto a plate (or the prepared baking sheet).
- Continue with remaining chicken.
- Cover the bottom of the skillet with oil then heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in the breaded chicken breasts one or two at a time and brown both sides (about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, do not cook thoroughly).
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- At this point you may leave the chicken in the pan until ready to bake.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the browned chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through.