1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Tender and Juicy Breaded Dijon Chicken Breast
You may not have your chicken any other way after you taste this! --- browning the chicken in oil firstly adds lots flavor, make certain to bread all the chicken breasts and have them ready on a plate before browning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (if you are a garlic lover add in 1/2 teaspoon more)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil (for frying, use as needed)
- 1Prepare an ungreased baking sheet/pan.
- 2Pat the breasts dry using paper towels.
- 3In a shallow dish whisk the eggs with Dijon mustard until well blended.
- 4In another shallow dish (I use my 8x8-inch baking pan for this) combine the dry bread crumbs with the garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- 5Have 1 or 2 plates ready to put the breasts on after breading I just use the ungreasd baking sheet.
- 6Dip one chicken breast into the egg/mustard mixture allowing any excess to drip off, then place the breast into the breadcrumb mixture turning to coat with the crumbs and pressing down with hands firmly to adhear the coating to the chicken; place onto a plate (or the prepared baking sheet).
- 7Continue with remaining chicken.
- 8Cover the bottom of the skillet with oil then heat over medium-high heat.
- 9Add in the breaded chicken breasts one or two at a time and brown both sides (about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, do not cook thoroughly).
- 10Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- 11At this point you may leave the chicken in the pan until ready to bake.
- 12Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 13Bake the browned chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Tender and Juicy Breaded Dijon Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 3039.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: