1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
The one and only method I use for perfect hard-boiled eggs and the only one you will use also, this is a no-fail method your eggs will come out perfectly cooked!--- don't omit the vinegar it makes peeling the eggs easier and your eggs will be bright yellow and the whites a pure white! -- it doesn't matter what amount of water or eggs that you use just make certain that you add in about 2 teaspoons of vinegar, I don't even measure I just pour the vinegar into the water from the bottle the exact 2 teaspoons does not really matter, of course use as many eggs as you wish and the exact amount of ice is not necessary you can use more, also try to use eggs that are at least 2 weeks old fresh eggs are somewhat harder to peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the eggs in a saucepan.
- 2Cover the eggs with lukewarm water.
- 3Add in vinegar and pinch salt.
- 4Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes (start timing after the water reaches a full boil).
- 5Remove from heat cover with a tight lid.
- 6Allow the eggs to stand for 11 minutes.
- 7Drain the eggs a couple times under very cold water.
- 8Cover the eggs with cold water then add in some ice.
- 9Allow the eggs to sit in ice water for about 3 minutes.
- 10Drain and peel.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Technique for Perfect Easy-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g