Kittencal's Sweet Cooked Corn Removed from the Cob
- Using a sharp knife holding the cob tightly with one hand over a flat surface slice the corn from the cob leaving about 1/3 of the kernels still attached on the cob; transfer to a pot.
- Then holding the cob over a large pot scrape off all of the juice "milk" and remaining kernels of the corn into the pot.
- Stir in water, milk and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat (watch that the water does not boil over) cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Drain off about half the liquid then transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in butter until melted then season with salt and enjoy!