Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those who prefer fresh corn but not on the cob --- do not add in any salt as it will toughen the kernels.
- 10 -12 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use less)
- butter (use as much as desired)
- Using a sharp knife holding the cob tightly with one hand over a flat surface slice the corn from the cob leaving about 1/3 of the kernels still attached on the cob; transfer to a pot.
- Then holding the cob over a large pot scrape off all of the juice "milk" and remaining kernels of the corn into the pot.
- Stir in water, milk and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat (watch that the water does not boil over) cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Drain off about half the liquid then transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in butter until melted then season with salt and enjoy!
This is yummy! Also very easy! Love that fresh corn taste.Also added a little more sugar!!!