This is the most richest and easiest chocolate cake, it is so moist you just might be tempted to skip the frosting! I have left the cinnamon as optional if you are a lover of cinnamon then add it in --- make certain to generously grease your baking pan, for greasing pan see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- for frosting see my Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (must be sifted after measuring to remove any small lumps)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, can increase amount)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled (must be very strong)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or use milk)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (make certain you pan is well greased).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour with sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- Add in eggs, cooled coffee, vanilla, half and half cream (or milk) oil and vinegar; mix until on medium speed of an electric mixer until blended and smooth (the batter will be thin).
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely before frosting.