Top Review by FLUFFSTER
It can't be much easier than this! With the way things are today, it's nice to be able to make this ahead and not have to rush around at the last minute! I found a strawberry angel food cake at the market and decided to try it with this recipe.It was fabulous! It's not a heavy dessert, which makes it great for a right after dinner dessert. Great recipe Kitten! Thanks for sharing! Made for Kitten's strawberry forum.
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake (broken into small pieces)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar (can use more sugar if desired for a sweeter taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- Cool Whip or whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the broken cake pieces in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl beat softened cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, then fold in the thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Mash the cake down using your hands, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl combine the strawberries and glaze; mix until the strawberries are well coated.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer, then dollup more Cool Whip topping over the strawberry/glaze mixture.
- Chill until serving.