1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Spinach Salad With Balsamic Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
If you are a spinach salad-lover then this is one you should not pass up! Serve this to your guests or family then sit back and wait for all the rave reviews you will get! Add in some cooked shrimp or chicken breast if desired! the dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance, it will need a minimum of 2 hours chilling time to blend flavours, the dressing will make about 3/4 cup but it can easily be doubled. The salad amounts are only a guideline, all amounts can be adjusted to taste. Also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad and Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh spinach (washed and dried)
- 4 large fresh white button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or use feta cheese or Parmesan)
- 1 1/2 cups croutons (or 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds see Kittencal's Garlic Croutons)
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 3 hard-cooked hard-boiled eggs (peeled sliced into wedges)
- 1For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together garlic, salt, Dijon, honey and balsamic vinegar; add in olive oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
- 2Adjust honey amount adding in more if desired for a sweeter taste, then season with more salt if needed, and black pepper.
- 3Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before using.
- 4For salad; place the spinach leaves in a large glass bowl; top with sliced mushrooms, bacon, blue cheese or feta cheese, croutons and sliced red onion (if using).
- 5Toss all ingredients together with salad forks.
- 6Season with black pepper (and salt if desired).
- 7Place the egg wedges all around inside edges of bowl.
- 8Serve with prepared dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spinach Salad With Balsamic Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.5
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 957.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 12.0 g