1/7 Photos of Kittencal's Spinach Parmesan Rice Bake
This is a wonderful easy side dish to chicken or meat and any leftovers freeze wonderful, it may also be baked in a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate and cut into wedges, this may be doubled but I would still only use one package or spinach or maybe 1-1/2 packages adding in too much spinach will overpower all other ingredients, prep time does not include cooking the rice --- FOR FREEZING prepare recipe as directed but do not bake, wrap pan in plastic wrap then tightly in foil and freeze, to serve thaw over night in refrigerator, remove wrapping bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (cooked according to package directions then hand squeezed dry to remove excess moisture)
- 2 cups cooked white rice (use cold rice for this) or 2 cups brown rice (use cold rice for this)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use feta but reduce to only 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled) or 2 cups swiss cheese (can use feta but reduce to only 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped onions or 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (or 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk or 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste or can use white salt)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- grated mozzarella cheese (add on the last 5 minutes of baking) (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Generously grease a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing very well to combine.
- 4Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- 5Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered or covered for 25 minutes or until set (over baking will cause a heavier denser texture if you prefer a lighter texture then bake just until set).
- 7Top with mozzarella cheese the last 5 minutes of baking (if using).
- 8Note: for a more fluffier texture casserole, 4 eggs may be used.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spinach Parmesan Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 498.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g