Make this as spicy as desired by adjusting the jalapenos and Tabasco sauce, you can also add in crushed red chili flakes, I sometimes add in canned corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (can use more or less)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not mince)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (can use half cream and milk)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or 2 cups cheddar cheese)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 1 large chopped tomato
- seasoning salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, can use white salt)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese, for sprinkling on top (or cheddar cheese)
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium.
- Add in cubed chicken, onion and jalapeno peppers; cook stirring until chicken is no longer pink (adding in the garlic and cumin the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time).
- Add in broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in cream, shredded cheese, cream-style corn, green chilies and diced tomatoes; cook stirring until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are heated through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- Ladle into bowls then sprinkle with more shredded cheese.
I've never had one of Kittencal's recipes fail me but this one did; I made it exactly as stated but there was no "spice" to it even though I added extra jalapeno, hot sauce, pepper ... I ended up adding chili powder and it helped but still not enough to make this again. From all the reviews I'm not sure what went wrong for me on this one. On the flip side, one bad result will definitely not keep me from Kittencal's recipes!
I made this for some co-workers with rave reviews. I have made your recipes one by one and I can tell you (just like others have) they are fantastic. It nice to know that even though you don't have to share these recipes you do. You truly are a good person and the world would be a much better place if there were more Kittencals out there.
this was SO good, and did not take long to make! My fiance liked, and commented how you get hit with that heat one after another, will make with less onions next time tho. Definitely a keeper and a must for winter time, thanx kittencal, keep on posting!!