1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Spicy Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Make this as spicy as desired by adjusting the jalapenos and Tabasco sauce, you can also add in crushed red chili flakes, I sometimes add in canned corn kernels
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (can use more or less)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not mince)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (can use half cream and milk)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or 2 cups cheddar cheese)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained or 1 large chopped tomato
- seasoning salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, can use white salt)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese, for sprinkling on top (or cheddar cheese)
- 1Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium.
- 2Add in cubed chicken, onion and jalapeno peppers; cook stirring until chicken is no longer pink (adding in the garlic and cumin the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time).
- 3Add in broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 4Reduce heat to low then stir in cream, shredded cheese, cream-style corn, green chilies and diced tomatoes; cook stirring until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are heated through (about 2-3 minutes).
- 5Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- 6Ladle into bowls then sprinkle with more shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spicy Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 881.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 20.6 g