1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Substituting ground beef for the spicy Italian sausages will not be as good, Jimmy Dean's Spicy Pork Sausage may be used in place of the spicy Italian sausages --- although I have listed black beans red kidney beans also work well or you may use what you like, or if you are not a lover of beans you may omit, can also add in a 4-ounce can green chilies, I use lots of garlic for this you may reduce amount if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional and to taste, add in for more heat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use 1 package or as desired)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (do not drain add the juice in also)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup white long grain uncooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional and use amount desired)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven to second-lowest rack).
- 2Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet cook the sausage meat with onion, bell pepper and garlic until the meat is lightly browned; mix in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheddar cheese.
- 4Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove and toss with a fork; cover with foil and continue baking for 1 hour or until the rice is soft.
- 7Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese is desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spicy Mexi Sausage and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.0
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 1025.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.8 g