This is a wonderful change from your everyday spaghetti and meatballs, I make this with my Kittencal's Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce and Parmesan Meatballs *and* Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs but of coarse you may use your own favorite meatball and pasta sauce or use two 28-ounce jars of purchased spaghetti sauce, really you can use any amount of spaghetti sauce and meatballs you desire. Prep time does not include preparing or baking the meatballs. Serve this with garlic bread on the side and a small salad if desired :)
- 1 lb ground beef (made into you favorite meatball recipe)
- 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (or use your own favorite sauce)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Prepare your own favorite meatball recipe, then shape into about 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Place the meatballs onto a greased baking sheet and bake until thoroughly cooked (about 22-25 minutes at 375 degrees) set the meatballs aside.
- Boil the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until just al dente; drain then place into a large bowl.
- Toss the spaghetti with 3 tablespoons oil; cool slightly, then add in eggs, 1-1/2 cups mozzeralla cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; using clean hands toss until thoroughly combined (you can use a spoon but hands are better!).
- Place the spaghetti into prepared baking dish, then press down slightly with hands.
- Scatter the cooked meatballs over the spaghetti.
- Top with spaghetti sauce over the top making certain to cover the pasta completely.
- Cover with foil and bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups mozzeralla cheese (or amount desired) over the top, then return to oven uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
I cut the recipe in half. Made ground beef meatballs. Followed the recipe as written. You do need to mix with your hands. I recommend you let it cool some first. I was able to make this inadvance. The leftovers were heated in the micro. with no problems. Served it with caesar salad & garlic bread. I plan on making this the next time Dd has her friends over as they are big eaters/picky. The family loved it & I will be serving this again. Thank you Kitten.
Very yummy. The only meatballs my hubby will eat!