1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast With Gravy
Slow cooking is the best method for an eye of round roast, I have cooked eye of round many times in a Crock-Pot with fantastic results, and you can use blade roast in place of the eye of round. The gravy from this roast goes well with mashed potatoes. Do not add in any extra salt to this recipe and use only low sodium beef broth for this. If you are an onion lover, then you could add in a small chopped or sliced onion if desired. Remember, do not lift the lid of the Crock-Pot while cooking. Each time you do, the heat is lost and you will need to cook it for a longer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 283.49 g can low sodium beef broth
- 28.34 g package dry onion soup mix (I use the onion-mushroom flavor)
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1360.77-1814.36 g eye of round roast
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder (optional)
- 44.37-59.16 ml oil
- 1In a bowl combine the mushroom soup with beef broth, dry onion soup mix, fresh garlic and Worcestershire sauce; mix until combined, then transfer into a 5-6-quart crock pot.
- 2In a small bowl mix together flour with black pepper and garlic powder (if using).
- 3Dredge the roast in the flour/black pepper mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in the roast and lightly brown on all sides.
- 5Transfer the roast to the slow cooker and generously spoon the broth mixture on top of the roast.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until the roast is tender.
- 7For a thicker gravy, after cooking remove gravy to saucepan and thicken with water/ cornstarch mixture.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.8
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 870.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 50.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth