Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For the perfect whipped cream use only powdered sugar and make certain to freeze your beaters and bowl for about 15-20 minutes --- the addition of the cornstarch will create more body to the whipped cream and will hold up better.
- 1 pint whipping cream (well chilled)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (use 1/3 to 1/2 cup for a sweet whipped cream)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Place your beaters and bowl in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the whipping cream into the cold bowl and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar, pinch cornstarch and vanilla (if using) continue beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat).
This turned out great! I piped it over my oreo pie and it looked beautiful.
Kitten, I just made this simply perfect whipped cream and it does work perfectly. I followed the instructions and topped my peach pie with it. I will be using this whipped cream recipe again and again. I am just about to stop by Kittencal's Kitchen! It is always open on my computer. Thank you for another great recipe.
Very nice. I had no problems with it peaking quickly. I used it for my layers in French Tart's English North Country Strawberries and Cream Courting Cake. It was lovely. Thank you!!