1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Simple and Delicious Salmon Salad Sandwich
As like my Kittencal's Tuna Salad Sandwiches this is simple but big on flavor and also will work wonderful using cooked fresh cold leftover salmon in place of canned, once you taste this you will crave it all the time! ---plan ahead the salmon mixture needs to chill for at least 2 hours or more before using don't think about using it before that time the longer chilling time the better! --- two cans of salmon should give you three sandwiches but it will depend on how much salmon filling you use --- you may also add in 1/2 cup or more of finely chopped seeded cucumber if desired, all amounts may be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 ounce) cans red salmon, drained and bones removed (or you may mix the soft bones in for added calcium)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (keep the mayonnaise to a minimum or it will take away the flavor of the salad)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste, or fresh ground black pepper)
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- 6 slices bread, toasted (white or whole wheat)
- 6 teaspoons soft butter (optional)
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1In a bowl using a fork mash the salmon with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- 2Add in green onions, celery, lemon pepper and seasoned salt.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or more.
- 4Toast bread slices, then lightly butter 1 side of each slice or you may leave the bread dry.
- 5Place a lettuce leaf over 3 slices of buttered toast.
- 6Scoop the salmon mixture onto the lettuce then spread.
- 7Top with 2 thinly sliced tomatoes.
- 8Cover each with a bread slice.
- 9Slice in half and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Simple and Delicious Salmon Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 424.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: