Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are so much better than any store-bought bread crumbs, use in any recipe calling for seasoned breadcrumbs, they make a wonderful breading for baked chicken and fish --- store in the fridge or freezer and use when needed --- the recipe can be reduced to one loaf of bread if desired, since I use these on a regular basis I most always make two loaves.
Top Review by Island Girl 525
These are so delicious and one more easy way to eliminate unnecessary additives to our food! I have always hated the way the container of bread crumbs smelled, not appetizing! I used two loaves of whole wheat bread, made them two months ago and still have about half of the gallon size ziploc left. Thank you for so many great recipe ideas!
- 2 loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 158.51 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the loaves of bread into quarters and leave out on the counter for 1-2 days (or you may also oven-dry the bread slices).
- Cut or break the bread in small cubes and place in a processor (you might have to do this in two batches) process until fine.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- Pour the crumbs into a ziploc freezer bag and store in the freezer to use as needed.