These shortbread bars is one of my all-time favorite recipes... I find that baking shortbread in a baking pan somehow produces a flakier, richer cookie...I'm sure you will enjoy these as much as we do.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread into a prepared ungreased baking pan.
- Prick well several times with a fork.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven the dust with more icing sugar.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.