Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead this needs to chill overnight, this also freezes very well --- adjust all amounts to suit taste
- 1 (7 ounce) can red salmon, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning (optional)
- 1 -2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except salt and nuts.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Form into a ball then roll in the nuts.
- Transfer to a fancy serving bowl.
- Serve with crackers.
Very yummy! I had this for lunch today on crusty slices of baguette. To reduce the fat, I used a low fat mayonnaise and only 1/4 cup of melted butter. For the other 1/2 cup of melted butter, I subbed Greek yoghurt, so that the final consistency was undoubtedly creamier and more dip-like. But SO delicious. Dill and onions and lemons with salmon -YUM, YUM! I used dried dill and also added 4 cloves of minced garlic. This recipe is simple to make and makes a tasty take-to-work lunch, so I'll be making it often. It would also make a great appetiser. Thank you for sharing another scrumptious recipe, Kitten!