Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the salmon mixture needs to be chilled for 2 hours before shaping, this also work using cooked leftover fresh salmon --- for the very best flavor do not use all pink salmon use all red or half red and pink --- I have this yielding for 12 patties that amount is only a guideline it wil depend on the size you make the patties you may make them any size desired, if you have a large family to feed using one more can of salmon won't hurt --- these are just as delicious eaten cold in fact my family prefers them cold :)
Top Review by kittycatmom
I love salmon cakes! They always bring me back to my childhood -- and that's a good thing! I thought about cutting the recipe in half but decided against it. I made all the patties and froze half of them for another day. We had these with Recipe #381370. Absolutely delicious! Thanks Kitt! Another recipe to go into make this often file! Made in Honor of Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 4 (7 ounce) cans red salmon, well drained (soft bones removed or left in, or use half red and pink salmon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional but good to add in)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, can use white salt)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (such as Ritz crackers, more if needed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- all-purpose flour (as needed)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the 4 cans salmon well and place in a large bowl; flake with a fork.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the flour and oil; mix to combine (if the mixture is very moist add in more cracker crumbs using only enough to hold together).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Shape into desired size patties.
- Place about 1/2 cup flour into a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Carefully coat each patty in the flour, then place the coated patties onto a large plate (have all the patties coated before starting to fry).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the patties about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.