1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Rotisserie Chicken for the Grill (Or Small Turkey)
11 hrs 20 mins
This is the way I do my rotisserie chicken on my outdoor grill, and I most always do two or three whole chickens, you may use a larger roaster chicken in place of the fryers or even a small turkey but cooking time will need to be increased, I have stated to cook until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees, I most always remove slightly before that as the chicken/s will continue to cook after removing, I use seasoned salt but white salt will do just fine :)
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl combine melted butter or margarine with oil, 2 teaspoons seasoned salt, garlic powder paprika and black pepper.
- 2Wash the chicken inside and out with cold water, then pat dry using a paper towel.
- 3Lightly salt the inside cavity with seasoned salt or white salt and black pepper.
- 4Tie the legs and wings together securely with cotton butchers twine, then tie string around the body of the chicken in two places.
- 5Set grill to high heat.
- 6Thread the chicken on the rotisserie spit, then place on the rotisserie grill.
- 7Cook chicken for 10 minutes on high heat.
- 8After 10 minutes on high heat REDUCE the grill heat to medium then baste the chicken all over with some of the melted butter mixture (leave some to baste with during cooking time).
- 9Close the lid and cook for 1 to 1-1/2 hours basting occasionally or until the chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer.
- 10Cooking time will vary just slightly depending on the size of the chicken.
- 11Remove the chicken from the rotisserie and place on a large plate.
- 12Cover loosely with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Rotisserie Chicken for the Grill (Or Small Turkey)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.0
- Calories from Fat 647
- Total Fat 71.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 284.4 mg
- Sodium 1526.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 57.8 g