Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Don't be afraid to roast these until golden brown that is what gives these flavor! --- you may use thinly sliced garlic cloves in place of the powder however I find that the sliced garlic tends to burn while cooking, the choice is up to you --- remember to remove the outer leaves on each brussels sprout and the sprouts should be completely dry or water will accumulate in the bottom of your pan while roasting
Top Review by Chef*Lee
I just love roasted brussels sprouts and these taste amazing!!! I love garlic powder on roasted vegetables and I used some new granulated garlic powder that I got at Penzey's spices. Also, I have finally learned that to really get a good roast inside and out with brussels sprouts, I cut them into quarters. It really gives them a tender and wonderful flavor and the middles get cooked as well as the outsides! This is a great recipe for roasted brussels sprouts and I especially love the extra touch of freshly grated parmesan cheese!!! Thank you so much, Kittencal !!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts (for even roasting try to use all the same size)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more to season after cooking if needed)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Slice off a small piece of the bottom core off of each brussels sprout then remove the outer layer of leaves and discard then place the sprouts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil with melted butter, garlic powder and salt; pour over the sprouts and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to baking pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown tossing a few times during cooking.
- Transfer to a bowl then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.