I use my Easy Homemade Peanut Butter or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping you may of coarse use store bought --- vanilla ice cream may be used in place of the chocolate ice cream, frozen yogurt also will work well, a prepared chocolate crumb crust or graham crust will work well fine--- although I have left as optional to take this yet to another level mix in chopped frozen peanut butter cups, they must be frozen when mixed in or they will crush when mixing, chop them first then freeze, and don't be afraid to add in a little more than 1/2 cup peanut butter :)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened (or use vanilla)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter (room temperature, Reese's is good to use)
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped and frozen (optional, or use as many as desired)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Magic Shell ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (for a sweeter taste you may increase slightly)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- For the crust; in a bowl combine all crust ingredients together until well blended.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate, or a 9-inch glass baking pan.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes; cool then place the empty crust into the freezer until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl combine the soft ice cream with peanut butter until well combined, then mix in the frozen chopped peanut butter cups (if using) pour into the frozen pie crust, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Return to the freezer until firm.
- When the pie is completely frozen drizzle the magic shell on top.
- Return to freezer until ready to use.