Lemons must be at room temperature before squeezing out the juice. For pink lemonade add in a few drops of red food colouring, and for honeyed lemonade substitute liquid honey for the sugar, this is a wonderful drink on a hot summer day!
- In a large glass pitcher combine the lemon juice and sugar; stir vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add in the cold water and food colouring; stir well.
- Adjust the sugar to taste.
- Add in lots of ice cubes.
- Add in the lemon slices and serve.