Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will *LOVE* this and no ice cream machine needed to make this delicious sherbet, this is just as good as the store bought! lime or orange works well also, I have tryed strawberry also but it is just not as good, haven't tryed it yet but you might want to add in some pureed fruit to the mixture --- This is habit forming once you start you won't be able to stop, I can eat the whole pan myself, it is *that* delicious --- you can make different flavored layers just make certain that the first layer is completely frozen before topping with the next layer, for layers you will need a 13 x 9-inch pan :)
Top Review by RaeMay
Very good! I tried strawberry for a girls' night, added some frozen strawberries to the mix and it was a hit. Brought the leftovers to my mom and she said, "Tastes like Jell-O." Basically meaning she didn't get the sherbet feeling out of it but she still enjoyed it. Lime is freezing right now :)
- 1 (170 g) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin (use the large package of Jell-O, can use orange or lime flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups milk (for lower fat can use 3 cups milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heat-proof bowl dissolve the Jello gelatin powder with boiling water and 3/4 cup sugar until NO granules remain (this might take a few minutes).
- Add in whipping cream or evaporated milk or table cream and 2 cups milk; sir until completely dissolved.
- Add in more sugar if desired to taste and stir until combined.
- Pour into an 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Freeze until solid (about 5 hours.
- Let stand 8-10 minutes before serving.
- Store tightly covered with foil or remove to a plastic container and cover.