1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Ranch Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad
I have made this many times over the years for large gatherings, everyone loves it and I am always asked for the recipe --- the dressing is wonderful with potatoes or cooked pasta, you may of coarse double the amounts to feed more people --- all ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste, throw in some cooked ham or bacon if desired, plan ahead this salad must chill for at least 3 or more hours before serving, the longer chilling time the better! --- if making the potato salad and prefer a creamier salad then double the dressing amount
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1133.98 g cooked cubed potatoes (or can use 3 cups cooked macaroni or small shell pasta drained)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml finely cubed cheddar cheese
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (more eggs sliced in wedges to garnish around the bowl if desired)
- 118.29 ml chopped sweet yum-yum pickle (optional, yum-yum pickles are sliced sweet sandwich pickles)
- 88.74 ml sweet pickle relish
- 177.44 ml prepared ranch salad dressing
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise (or use 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, or to taste) or 118.29 ml salad dressing (or use 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, or to taste)
- 7.39 ml prepared mustard or 2.46 ml mustard powder
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder (optional but good to add in)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cooked cubed potatoes or cooked pasta with peas. celery, green onions, cheddar cheese and chopped eggs; toss to combine.
- 2In a small bowl, combine relish, mayo, ranch salad dressing and mustard and garlic powder (if using) mix well then add to macaroni mixture; toss to coat then season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add in chopped yum yum pickles if using; mix to combine.
- 4Season with more salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 3 or more hours to blend flavors (the longer chilling time the better!).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Ranch Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.5 mg
- Sodium 1033.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g