Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this many times over the years for large gatherings, everyone loves it and I am always asked for the recipe --- the dressing is wonderful with potatoes or cooked pasta, you may of coarse double the amounts to feed more people --- all ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste, throw in some cooked ham or bacon if desired, plan ahead this salad must chill for at least 3 or more hours before serving, the longer chilling time the better! --- if making the potato salad and prefer a creamier salad then double the dressing amount
Top Review by JOY1998
We love this salad! I used the sour cream and macaroni options and doubled the recipe. The peas are a great addition to this salad as are the cheese and eggs. In fact, I loved the entire flavor! I added fried bacon. This is an absolutely fantastic recipe and thanks for the great options in this recipe. Such a winner!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cooked cubed potatoes (or can use 3 cups cooked macaroni or small shell pasta drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely cubed cheddar cheese
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (more eggs sliced in wedges to garnish around the bowl if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet yum-yum pickle (optional, yum-yum pickles are sliced sweet sandwich pickles)
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or use 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, or to taste) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (or use 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional but good to add in)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked cubed potatoes or cooked pasta with peas. celery, green onions, cheddar cheese and chopped eggs; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine relish, mayo, ranch salad dressing and mustard and garlic powder (if using) mix well then add to macaroni mixture; toss to coat then season with salt and pepper.
- Add in chopped yum yum pickles if using; mix to combine.
- Season with more salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 or more hours to blend flavors (the longer chilling time the better!).