1 hr 5 mins
You may definately use your own favorite sweet dough recipe for these buns I use my Kittencal's Sweet Dough --- raisins may be replaced with nuts if desired --- you may use two 9 or 10-inch round metal cakes pans in place of the 13x9-inch but you will need to divide the syrup mixture between the two pans and place 6 rolls in each pan --- for pan greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sweet roll dough (see Kittencal's Sweet Dough)
- 1Lighty grease a metal 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Prepare sweet dough recipe as directed.
- 3In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger powder; set aside.
- 4While the dough is rising prepare the syrup by combining all syrup ingredients in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat stirring with wooden spoon until butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved; pour HALF of the syrup mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, spreading out with a spoon to cover evenly; set aside the remaining half to drizzle on top of buns later.
- 5When the dough has finished rising punch dough, remove from bowl onto lightly floured surface; cover dough and let rest 5 minutes before rolling out (this will allow for easier shaping and rolling).
- 6Roll out into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle (does not have to measure exactly).
- 7Spread 1/2 cup softened butter over the dough, then sprinkle with prepared sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over the butter.
- 8Scatter the raisins over evenly.
- 9Roll up dough jell-roll style starting at the long side, then pinch dough together along the top to seal.
- 10Using a serrated knife cut into 12 even slices.
- 11Place the slices cut side down on top of the syrup (3 across the pan and 4 down).
- 12Drizzle the remaining syrup of the top of each slice of dough.
- 13Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise for 30-50 minutes or until doubled (the rising time will depend on what dough recipe you are using and the temperature of the room).
- 14Bake in a 375°F oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Raisin Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 142.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet roll dough