1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Quick 5-Minute Chinese Noodles
I make this often it's easy and a great way to use up leftover cooked spaghetti, after you chop the garlic and green onions this takes only about 5 minutes to make, the amounts listed are really only a guideline you may use any amount of spaghetti and adjust all other ingredients to suit your taste --- I have left the chili flakes as optional you may omit or adjust to heat level, we like spicy so I always use lots! --- make certain to use only cold spaghetti for this, you may use cooked Chinese soba noodles if desired in place of the spaghetti, I like to add in a few teaspoons sesame oil also while cooking, prep time does not include cooking the spaghetti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spaghetti (regular or thin)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not mince the garlic finely)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to heat level)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 1Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until al dente (it is best to slightly under cook) drain then rinse well under cold water, then drain again; transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add in the chopped garlic and chili flakes, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the cold spaghetti and toss using long tongs until the pasta is hot.
- 4Pour the soy sauce over the hot pasta and continue tossing with tongs adding in more soy sauce if needed until you have the desired flavor that you want.
- 5Season with black pepper if desired.
- 6Transfer to a bowl then toss with chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Quick 5-Minute Chinese Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g