Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I use my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto to make this you may of coarse use your your own favorite recipe, depending on the size of the bread slices you may need more pesto, the amounts listed are only estimated, prep time does not include making the pesto --- this is very good!
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce (see my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto)
- 1 loaf Italian bread (1-pound)
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemozzarella cheese slices (or use as many cheese slices as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Slice the bread to desired size slices.
- Spread a thin layer of prepared pesto onto each slice.
- Top with chopped tomatoes then 1-2 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Place onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.