Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto to make this you may of coarse use your your own favorite recipe, depending on the size of the bread slices you may need more pesto, the amounts listed are only estimated, prep time does not include making the pesto --- this is very good!
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce (see my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto)
- 1 loaf Italian bread (1-pound)
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemozzarella cheese slices (or use as many cheese slices as needed)
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Slice the bread to desired size slices.
- Spread a thin layer of prepared pesto onto each slice.
- Top with chopped tomatoes then 1-2 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Place onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is awesome! So easy and delicous. Quick to throw together. Love the ease of this recipe!
Very easy to prepare. I added tomatoes on half. My family liked the half without the tomatoes better. Next time I will leave the tomatoes off.