Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Follow the steps for perfect whipped cream, do not use white granulated sugar it will cause the whipped cream to "weep" more use only confectioners sugar and make certain that you chill the glass or stainless steel bowl and beaters in the fridge for at least 1 hour or you can even leave them for 24 hours, no plastic bowls for this please! and leave your whipping cream in the coldest spot in your refrigerator or place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 cup very cold heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 3 -4 tablespoons sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional but good to add in)
- Place a glass or stainless steel bowl and the mixer beaters in the fridge for at least 1 hour or even 24 hours.
- Meanwhile place the whipping cream in the coldest section of your refrigerator or you can freeze for 15 minutes (set a timer so you will remember to remove from the freezer DO NOT allow the cream to freeze).
- Pour the very cold whipping cream into the chilled bowl; beat on high speed of an electric mixer until just beginning to thicken (do not add in any confectioners sugar or vanilla until the cream has slightly thickened).
- Using a spoon sprinkle the sifted confectioners sugar over the cream then add in the vanilla; and continue beating until soft peaks form stopping the mixer every minute to scrape down the sides of the bowl (beating time will depend on the mixer you are using, hand mixers generally take slightly longer).
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- It is recommended to use the whipped cream the same day it is made.
I have used this method for a very long time. With, our ultra pasteurized cream it is the only way it works. I would like to add a hint. I am able to buy a Product, called "Whip it" by Dr.Oetker. It is a German Product and when added to your cream before whipping it will keep it from breaking down. It will literaly stay stiff in your fridge for days. I buy it at World Market/Cost Plus, but have also seen it in some of our grocery stores in the baking as well as international isles.It is a small Blue and white packet with red trim. :-) If you cann't find it, add !-2T of instant Vanilla Pudding. It gives a lovely flavor and helps to stabalize it as well.You might want to leave out the vanilla and powdered sugar though..
Perfect level of sweetness.
Dissolve 1 tsp unflavored gelatin in 1 tablespoon water, cool slightly and drizzle in cream as you are whipping it (after soft peaks form). This helps your whipped cream to stay stiff for several days.