Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the only method I use for the best poached eggs, you will never go wrong with this recipe! you may of coarse increase the eggs to whatever amount desired, the addition of a small amount of milk will create a softer egg :)
Top Review by Gagoo
I knew, without a doubt, that Kitten would guide me thru making poached eggs, for the first time I might add, without a hitch - I was not disappointed. I like poached eggs but have always been afraid of trying to prepare them, but with Kitten's help I was able to make an elegant breakfast for my DH and myself this morning - thank you so much, again, Kitten for your guidance.
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a saucepan with a very small amount of melted butter or margarine (do not use cooking spray it will affect the taste of the eggs).
- Add in cold water to a depth of 2-inches in the saucepan.
- Add in milk and a pinch of salt to the water; bring to a boil then reduce to a light simmer.
- Holding the egg as close as possible to the simmering water break eggs one at a time into the water.
- Simmer over very low heat for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Carefully remove eggs with a slotted spoon.